- What is the status of NiT? Is it approved by AICTE/UGC etc regulatory bodies?
Ans: Narula Institute of Technology is NIRF ranked, NAAC accredited autonomous institute and affiliated under MAKAUT. It is approved by AICTE and recognized by UGC.
- Is your Institute NAAC accredited?
Ans: NiT has received NAAC accreditation from UGC.
- Is your Institute Autonomous?
Ans: Yes, NiT has received Autonomous status from UGC and MAKAUT.
- Has the Institute received NIRF, Govt of India ranking?
Ans: Yes, the Institute has received prestigious NIRF ranking since 3 consecutive years-2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Does Institute have any international rating?
Ans: Yes, Institute has received QS International rating.
- What are the different programs offered by Institute?
Ans: Currently the Institute is offering the following programmes:
3 Diploma Engineering courses:
7 Under Graduate (UG) B.Tech Courses:
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
4 Post Graduate (PG) M.Tech courses:
- Power Systems-EE
- Structural Engineering-CE
- Master of Computer Application-MCA
- Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- What is the duration and eligibility of each program?
- Engineering Programme
- Duration – 4 Years
- Criteria – 10+2 standard or equivalent with Physics & Mathematicsalong with any one of Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Computer Application/Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (Theory & Practical) and having minimum 45% marks in the above subjects (40% for reserve category) and at least 30% marks in English + valid score/rank in WBJEE/Jee(M)/CEE-AMPAI-WB current academic year
- B. Tech – Lateral
- Duration – 3 Years
- Criteria – Diploma & B.Sc. Degree holders having at least 45% marks (40% in case of Reserve Category) with valid WBJELET score (Pass marks in XII standard with mathematics in case of B.Sc. Degree Holders.)
- Duration – 3 Years
- Criteria – 10th Standard qualified with minimum 35% in aggregate along with valid score in Jexpo of current year
- M. Tech
- Duration – 2 Years
- Criteria – Bachelor Degree or equivalent in the relevant field with current year GATE/PGET/CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS rank or score
- Computer Application
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Duration – 2 Years
- Criteria - Recognized (UGCand/or AICTE)Bachelors Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserve category) at the qualifying exam.
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Duration – 3 years
- Criteria – 10+2 standard or equivalent with English and Mathematics or Computer Application or Information Practice or BEBM or Statistics or IT as one of the subject (Having pass marks)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Duration – 3Years
- Criteria - 10+2 standard or equivalent with English (Having pass marks)
- How do I apply and from where do I get the application form?
Ans: Candidates can apply by visiting the Institute physically/ Institute website. The application forms are available in the website. http://22.214.171.124:148/Forms/frmRegistration.aspx
- When do I apply and how to apply for the programme?
- Candidates can apply after passing the Higher Secondary Examination by the different entrance exams (WBJEE,Jee (M), AMPAI) for B.Tech Course
- Candidates can apply after passing Diploma/B. Sc degree with a valid Rank in WBJELET of current year or can apply directly for B. Tech Lateral Courses
- Candidates can apply after passing B. Tech/BE or equivalent in the relevant field with current year GATE/PGET/CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS rank or score or can apply directly for M. Tech Courses
- Candidates can apply after passing Bachelors Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level with WBJECA/ CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS rank or can apply directly for MCA
- Candidates can apply after passing 10+2 or equivalent with CET rank or can apply directly for BBA and BCA
- What is the fees structure?
Ans: For detailed Fees Structure clink on the link: https://nit.ac.in/pdf/Fee%20Structure.pdf
- Is there any provision for concession or scholarship?
Ans: Students may apply for WBFSS as per the Department of Higher Education guidelines for fees concession.
For Scholarship details clink on the link: https://nit.ac.in/scholarship.php
- What is the procedure of applying for an education Loan?
Ans: Student need to apply for a bonafide certificate from the institute, after getting the certificate he/she can submit it to their selected bank for getting loan. We do not have any tie ups with any banks
- Do you have tie up with any foreign university?
Ans: Yes, AIT Bangkok.
- What is the medium of instruction in class?
- Do you have a Dress Code?
Ans: Yes. Uniform is mandatory for all the courses excepting M.Tech.
- What is the college timing:
Ans: Every Monday to Friday (From 9.45 am to 5.45 pm)
- Do you have NRI/PIO quota? Can the students pay the fees in Indian rupees?
Ans: Yes, NRI/PIO quota is available in B.Tech ECE, EE, CSE and IT streams along with BBA and BCA. Yes the students may pay the fees in Indian rupees.
- Do you provide hostel accommodation?
Ans: Yes, separate Hostel accommodation for both boys and girls are available.
- What is the room sharing basis in hostel?
Ans: Rooms are available in 2/3/4 beds sharing basis.
- What are the facilities provided by the Institute to make students’ Industry ready?
Ans: NiT conducts several training programs for students like Aptitude training, Technical Training and Soft Skill Training. Students are given exposure for national and international internships as well.