Why BCA ?
Computers as we all know has become the connecting system across the world and if all the computers of the world stop working for just one day, that would be the end of all. People are ardently digging the field of computer education to positively change the contemporaneous world to achieve successful future. Computer Hardware describes the body of computer whereas software decides its functioning. Nowadays many computer courses are hovering in the air of education to impart outstanding knowledge about computer technology. The Bachelor of Computer Applications and the Master of Computer Applications are famous amongst such available courses. The primary emphasis in BCA and MCA curriculum is on the development of diverse types of application software rather than designing computer hardware and systems software. Therefore, students who are interested to acquire their further education after school in the software department of computer technology generally opt for BCA three years degree course. Eligibilty criteria for BCA is 10+2 or equivalent with English and (Maths/ Computer Applications/Information Practice/BEBM as one of the subject having pass mark). Eligibilty criteria for MCA are UGC and/ or AICTE recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3-years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level. Obtained 50% marks at graduation level. Applicant must obtain JECA rank.
When compared to BTech in computer science and engineering, the number of professionals graduating with specialization in computer application has been on the rise. Strategically IT industry prefers BCA/MCA courses over other undergraduate IT courses (BTech, BSc in computer science, BSc in IT) because they are more lucrative for recruitment. Further, they have very clear basics on Computing and Mathematics and easily trainable and placeable. Student gets equivalently educated like Btech CSE and IT, keeping the same relevance in industry in less but focused effort.
Recently it is seen from the survey that BCA and MCA students are preferred by the IT industry rather than BTech due to their high retention rate.
Students choose Narula Institute of Technology for BCA/MCA for the following reason.
- Unique Structure of pedagogy and evaluation methods: Faculty members use NPTEL video lectures, live projects and power point presentation to deliver the scheduled inputs.(we have largest repository of e-learning material(around 1800 GB of video lectures) A student performance is evaluated through classroom tests, slot tests, assignments, and term-end examinations.
- Industry focused curriculam: All the students of BCA/MCA have to undergo industrial training at the end of second year. The project work during the third academic year results into a detailed project report on a system. JIS Group passionately takes care of all these.
- Excellent Placement Support: From fifth semester onwards different software companies are invited by the Training and Placement Cell of the college to conduct the placement of the students. 71% students already placed in 2015.
- Largest alumni network in eastern India to support currentstudents: MCA alumni are placed in government sector like NIC, Cyber crime branch, ISRO, CDAC Institute of Plasma research etc apart from IT sector. BCA alumni are placed in companies like TCS, CTS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro etc. Others are pursuing higher studies in their parent institute or other institutes of higher learning. We have started the process of building an Alumni Forum so that new students are able to contact them as and when necessary.
Other career prospects for being at Narula Institute of Technology
- Internship training at institutions of national importance like ISRO, NIC and Tata Communications, etc arranged by the department.
- Futuristic courses introduced through innovative approaches such as – Tech Finishing School.
- Faculty members are highly experienced and qualified to take up challenges of ever changing demands of the industry.
- Opportunity to work in an outstanding infrastructural facility that is very much endorsed by the industry.
- Latest audio-video delivery techniques are used to smartly impart knowledge to the students for effective learning.
- Opportunity to be a part of a large number of successful students who have been happily placed or pursuing higher studies in their chosen field of interest.
- Full support from JIS group to become an entrepreneur.
- Technical and financial supports are provided to the students for innovation, Patent and commercialization.